The client offers asset based rentals mainly on yellow metal assets, computer equipment and any other types of assets. At the end of the lease, the client either continues the rental agreement, returns the assets, refinance the assets on different terms. Assets returned need to be sold to secondary markets and additional revenue is earned. The back office processes are complex and need to take into account the financing, supply chain aspects at the start of the deal and then manage the returns and selling of the assets.
KPIs for the people were not directly linked to the business processes or the business strategy and instead were created by line management and HR in Microsoft Word templates. The KPIs were typically out of context and were written in the language of tasks and not deliverables.
- We spent time mapping the processes and assigning KPIs to the roles and positions in the business. This meant that that the KPIs had a proper foundation.
- Excel templates were created for each role with weights and targets and carried the link back to the strategy and business processes.
- Master data pertaining to the people, KPIs was recorded in a central spreadsheet
- About 70 spreadsheets with individual’s names were saved in folders on a central server and each person was given access to their spreadsheet.
- We pointed a Qlikview model at a folder allowing any spreadsheets in the underlying folders to be automatically loaded and to consolidate the data.
- Management can now see a consolidated view of performance.
- Individual’s performance can be compared and bench-marked to other people in the same role.
- Gaps in performance are visible and training can be easily identified.
- There are trends of performance per KPI per person.
- The KPIs are standardized and QlikView produces a standard appraisal report which has a space for signatures and comments.
- The KPIs are linked to business processes and business strategy.
- Performance by person is visible to management at the click of a button.
- KPIs and targets are standardized across the business and across roles.
- The aggregation takes place in seconds.